10 Uses for Coconut OilMay 27, 2015
1. Oil Pulling: I use this as an extra step for fresh breath. This is NOT a replacement for brushing and flossing. Right when I wake up, I mix virgin unrefined coconut oil with Healthy Gum Drops by Living Libations. After swishing it around for 20 minutes while I get ready in the morning, I spit out the coconut oil (where it won’t clog my drain) and use a homemade saltwater rinse. Check with your dentist before trying this method, especially if you have issues with your gums.
2. Coconut Oil + Sea Salt Scrub: I mix 1 part coconut oil with 2 parts sea salt and add a few drops of essential oil or whatever I have on hand to make it smell nice and add to the experience. In this video, I used Seabuckthorn Best Skin Ever by Living Libations (this video is not sponsored, I just like their products). Use the concoction to thoroughly scrub your body then sit down in a nice warm bath and enjoy your soak!
3. Skin Soother: I like to use coconut oil as an aftershave to avoid razor bumps and inflammation, I also try to wear clothes that won’t rub up against the area and irritate it. I also use it on cuts and sunburns. We got video of Terry’s actual cut from the bed but decided against using it because it was gross :P.
4. Leave-In Conditioner: I mix a small amount of coconut oil with a bit of conditioner and use it as a leave-in conditioner on the tips of my hair. Don’t use too much because it can feel greasy. I try not to wash the end of my hair because they’re very prone to drying out, but when I have to, I mix my shampoo with a bit of coconut oil just for the ends.
5. Coconut Coffee: Terry likes his coffee bullet-proof style with a teaspoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of grass-fed butter. I like mine with a teaspoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of honey for sweetness. I like drinking my coffee black, but it’s too acidic and strong for me, especially when I’m on an empty stomach.
6. Boobie Oil: If your cotton bras are sucking all of the moisture out of your boobs, try throwing some coconut oil on there! Coconut oil is also a great massage oil.
7. Serum Sealer: I use coconut oil to seal all of my skincare after a good exfoliation, cleanse and serum application. It has a low SPF of about 4, so on days where I’m inside and don’t want to put a ton of stuff on my face, I can feel a little bit protected. If I’m going outside, I’ll use sunscreen or wear a hat instead :P. Make sure you do a patch test, because coconut oil agrees wholeheartedly with my skin, but it does not have that same impact on others. I feel like this method has also helped my eyelashes grow as long as they are right now!
8. Personal Lubricant: Incase you need some, coconut oil won’t harm your natural flora which can lead to all sorts of discomfort. Make sure the oil meshes well with anything else you may be using and doesn’t cause it to break down; latex, polyisoprene, and cheap rubber do not go well with coconut oil.
9. Cooking: I use coconut oil as a butter replacement, as a stir-fry oil with lemon and cilantro, to grease baking sheets, and even as a fat in salad dressing or smoothies.
10. Sticker Gunk Remover: I mix equal parts baking soda and coconut oil, throw it on the gunk and let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then use it as a little scrub to get sticker residue off.
Love & Light,
Get Ready with Me on 2 Hours Sleep!May 11, 2015
Balanced Guru Scrub Me Crazy Coffee + Coconut Oil Body Scrub
Ice Face Bath
Portland Bee Balm
Living Libations Rose Cellular Renewal Firming Fluid
Covergirl Clear Mascara
Too Faced Brow Gel in Universal Taupe
NARS Creamy Concealer in Custard and Light
100% Pure Beauty Blender dampened with Rose Water
Gabriel Berry Lip Liner
Gabriel Sante Fe Lipstick
100% Pure Flawless Skin Foundation Powder in Peach Bisque
Zuzu Luxe Liquid Liner in Black
Lily Lolo Mascara in Black
ColourPop Blush in Tongue Tied by Jamie Greenberg
MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Deep Dark
Evolvh SmartStart Leave-in Conditioner
Giovanni Stylist Mist
Maca Root Powder
Dr. Gaye Super Shake with Bananas + Dates
Urban Outfitters Hat
Brandy Melville Tank
Stuart Weitzman Highland Boots
The coffee scrub, mascara and leave-in conditioner came in a monthly Petit Vour box
– MUSIC –
Brazilian Haircut by Flamingosis
Download the album for free! – http://keatscollective.bandcamp.com/album/love-loops
Sheet Mask, Yacht Party & 3am Dessert Vlog!April 30, 2015
I’ve been dabbling in Korean skincare, and trying products I’ve never heard of like sheet masks and essence. I showed the sheet mask in the video (which is SO amazing) and I will show the rest in upcoming videos once I’m sure they’re worth the hype!
Cremalab Herb Tea Mask: http://bit.ly/1GzKGMz
I had my morning shake which is the Dr.Gaye Super Shake. I’ve mentioned this shake in videos before, they’re not sponsoring me but they’re great people who actually care about ingredients and sustainability. I feel like most shakes out there are just trying to cash in on a trend, so these guys are my go-to if I want to buy my morning shake. It makes me feel so good and wakes me up (thanks to the cacao and maca powder).
Dr. Gaye Super Shake: http://bit.ly/drgayesupershake
I went out and bought a Victoria’s Secret bra, a new variety that has a very soft, gel-like substance in the cup. It’s not super padded, but it does add a little oomph. I bought it because during certain parts of the month I get really sensitive and some bras can irritate me, so I got the softest thing I could find :P.
I got home and made veggies for the boys. Their sides were sautéed button and king oyster mushrooms, cooked in a bit of olive oil with added liquid tamari, green onion, cracked black pepper and toasted sesame oil. As well as caprese salads made with tomatoes, bocconcini, basil, quality olive oil, salt, pepper, and balsamic reduction.
Dessert was made as follows: Mango Coconut Chia Parfait:
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees
2. Pour coconut milk (or yogurt) and almond milk in a glass, I do a 50/50 ratio
3. Sweeten with a bit of maple syrup, I like to add a dash of vanilla extract and sometimes 1/8 tsp of salt
4. Add a heaping tablespoon or two of chia seeds to the glass, stir
5. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. You can do it overnight as well!
6. Toast slivered almonds for 6-8 minutes
7. Put toasted almonds, mangos and strawberries on top of the chia pudding and enjoy!
I also had soup dumplings, Asian herbal soup, Korean rice wine and a cappucino throughout the day, and little things like homemade biscuits and granola bars!
Hope you enjoyed this vlog guys! Much love to you!
How to Achieve Fitness GoalsMarch 27, 2015
Simple Night RoutineMarch 20, 2015
A Juicy Beauty TipMarch 3, 2015
I used to be one of those people who was always drinking juice because it’s more interesting than water (blue Kool-Aid was my jam). Preferring blended juices to sugar water has been a great change for me since I don’t need the excess sugar in my diet. Hopefully this will help some of you guys out as well! I personally don’t think you should drink more sugar than you could eat in its whole food form, and blending my juices has helped me not over-consume sugar. (more…)
Everyday Foundation RoutineFebruary 24, 2015
Purple BrushFebruary 18, 2015
Lately I’ve been watching a lot of artistic films and have been awestruck of the world they create and how it is all done with very little speaking, if any. Terry and I wanted to make a video that’s somewhat direct but also has a special meaning that is not overtly expressed. Conclusions don’t always have to be drawn out for the viewer, but that’s something we’ve grown too accustomed to. This is a diy styled fashion video with emotions drawn over it. This was also my first time painting. The colours, textures and sounds of the video are intended to set the tone/emotion of the video rather than words, and I know it can be overwhelming at times (this was intentional, but I will try something different next time, because it obviously didn’t sit well). I understand that’s different from what I usually do, but it’s something I made passionately with love like everything else. Thank you so much for the feedback and being an amazing audience that teaches me every day.
Dear 7 Products, I’m Glad You ExistJanuary 18, 2015
This is a favourites video with beauty products and some clothing items! I hope you enjoy it and don’t mind the beginning. 😛
1) Apsara Neem Herbal Facial Cleanser