The Truth About My Life.. Over PhoJuly 31, 2015
Having lunch together and talking about life is one of my favourite things to do with someone. I did it a lot in LA, so I figured I should do it on my channel too. I love you guys so much and am happy to share. Beware, it’s a personal one and heavy at times.
Love & Light,
My dog is more confident than me.July 17, 2015
Being A Hairy GirlJune 28, 2015
A little video about my experience as a hairy girl, and a grim ingrown hair removal. This thumbnail is shopped by the way, I don’t think I could let my own armpit hair get to that level. But I respect women who can! Your body, your choice :).
Laser Hair Removal Review: My first appointment for laser hair removal was a great experience. (more…)
Going FastingJune 21, 2015
Bright Teeth & Fresh Breath! Oral Care RoutineJune 16, 2015
How To Be A Morning PersonJune 8, 2015
10 Uses for Coconut OilMay 27, 2015
1. Oil Pulling: I use this as an extra step for fresh breath. This is NOT a replacement for brushing and flossing. Right when I wake up, I mix virgin unrefined coconut oil with Healthy Gum Drops by Living Libations. After swishing it around for 20 minutes while I get ready in the morning, I spit out the coconut oil (where it won’t clog my drain) and use a homemade saltwater rinse. Check with your dentist before trying this method, especially if you have issues with your gums.
2. Coconut Oil + Sea Salt Scrub: I mix 1 part coconut oil with 2 parts sea salt and add a few drops of essential oil or whatever I have on hand to make it smell nice and add to the experience. In this video, I used Seabuckthorn Best Skin Ever by Living Libations (this video is not sponsored, I just like their products). Use the concoction to thoroughly scrub your body then sit down in a nice warm bath and enjoy your soak!
3. Skin Soother: I like to use coconut oil as an aftershave to avoid razor bumps and inflammation, I also try to wear clothes that won’t rub up against the area and irritate it. I also use it on cuts and sunburns. We got video of Terry’s actual cut from the bed but decided against using it because it was gross :P.
4. Leave-In Conditioner: I mix a small amount of coconut oil with a bit of conditioner and use it as a leave-in conditioner on the tips of my hair. Don’t use too much because it can feel greasy. I try not to wash the end of my hair because they’re very prone to drying out, but when I have to, I mix my shampoo with a bit of coconut oil just for the ends.
5. Coconut Coffee: Terry likes his coffee bullet-proof style with a teaspoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of grass-fed butter. I like mine with a teaspoon of coconut oil and a teaspoon of honey for sweetness. I like drinking my coffee black, but it’s too acidic and strong for me, especially when I’m on an empty stomach.
6. Boobie Oil: If your cotton bras are sucking all of the moisture out of your boobs, try throwing some coconut oil on there! Coconut oil is also a great massage oil.
7. Serum Sealer: I use coconut oil to seal all of my skincare after a good exfoliation, cleanse and serum application. It has a low SPF of about 4, so on days where I’m inside and don’t want to put a ton of stuff on my face, I can feel a little bit protected. If I’m going outside, I’ll use sunscreen or wear a hat instead :P. Make sure you do a patch test, because coconut oil agrees wholeheartedly with my skin, but it does not have that same impact on others. I feel like this method has also helped my eyelashes grow as long as they are right now!
8. Personal Lubricant: Incase you need some, coconut oil won’t harm your natural flora which can lead to all sorts of discomfort. Make sure the oil meshes well with anything else you may be using and doesn’t cause it to break down; latex, polyisoprene, and cheap rubber do not go well with coconut oil.
9. Cooking: I use coconut oil as a butter replacement, as a stir-fry oil with lemon and cilantro, to grease baking sheets, and even as a fat in salad dressing or smoothies.
10. Sticker Gunk Remover: I mix equal parts baking soda and coconut oil, throw it on the gunk and let it sit for 15-20 minutes, then use it as a little scrub to get sticker residue off.
Love & Light,
Get Ready with Me on 2 Hours Sleep!May 11, 2015
Balanced Guru Scrub Me Crazy Coffee + Coconut Oil Body Scrub
Ice Face Bath
Portland Bee Balm
Living Libations Rose Cellular Renewal Firming Fluid
Covergirl Clear Mascara
Too Faced Brow Gel in Universal Taupe
NARS Creamy Concealer in Custard and Light
100% Pure Beauty Blender dampened with Rose Water
Gabriel Berry Lip Liner
Gabriel Sante Fe Lipstick
100% Pure Flawless Skin Foundation Powder in Peach Bisque
Zuzu Luxe Liquid Liner in Black
Lily Lolo Mascara in Black
ColourPop Blush in Tongue Tied by Jamie Greenberg
MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Deep Dark
Evolvh SmartStart Leave-in Conditioner
Giovanni Stylist Mist
Maca Root Powder
Dr. Gaye Super Shake with Bananas + Dates
Urban Outfitters Hat
Brandy Melville Tank
Stuart Weitzman Highland Boots
The coffee scrub, mascara and leave-in conditioner came in a monthly Petit Vour box
– MUSIC –
Brazilian Haircut by Flamingosis
Download the album for free! – http://keatscollective.bandcamp.com/album/love-loops
The Morning That Was Blue [Poem]May 7, 2015
I decided to share a different, more vulnerable side of myself today. I dream of living in a world where mental health is easier to talk about. This video is a spoken word poem dedicated to our friends who have struggled with depression, and my sister whom we lost to depression. I wrote it on a December morning and finished it the same day with a different perspective. It’s about giving life a chance and that even the saddest moments will pass.
The morning was blue.
Maybe it was the room.
A will to resume overcome by what looms.
It’s no use, the sun knows we’re fading.
And trading pain for distraction.
A bail out.
But beneath the cancerous commerce lives the unfelt,
the un-dealt with speculation: that my vessel is a flawed innovation;
that frightened children may have found a moment’s passion
and left us with moods as fickle as fashion.
These tangled wires clash and blur the line
between my mind and fine,
So unless we redefine unrefined, life will continue in kind
as long as my time in this queue to resign.
Then, as my life hangs it’s warped canvas
on a world of new advancements
awakened in me: the chance it’s… just us.
A planet that’s born afraid. Sold lemonade,
and not shown how it’s made.
Crawling wave after wave, and gasping “be brave!”
If they saw us all frayed, with pounding hearts swaying to the drum of the wave.
If they saw it this way, maybe the brave would have stayed.
The morning was blue, but I heard it can change
We’re only human, after all—manmade.
Moulding and shaping a future to paint
Imagine what shades we could see if we wait.
This morning was blue, but the afternoon was purple.
A shade I have never seen.
made me not want to blink, and I think you’d like it more.
The lore was true, it does get brighter than the morning that was blue.